One Sock Kit – Deluxe
Make two pairs of socks in coordinating colours with contrasting cuff, heels and toes using The Fibre Co.’s popular Amble yarn and One Sock pattern, a classic top-down sock designed to fit all feet. Amble is a conscious blend of Easy-Wash Merino wool, alpaca and recycled nylon making it durable, soft and eco-friendly.
Designed by Kate Atherley, the One Sock pattern is written for 11 sizes from child through to large adult and includes a Guidebook as well as a One Sock Baby pattern. Those new to sock knitting will find the Guidebook full of tips and tricks to making beautiful handknit socks that fit. The pattern also has links to free video lessons – One Sock Class with Kate Atherley, a four-part series that will walk you through all parts of sock knitting.
The One Sock Deluxe kit allows the creation of two pairs of socks in coordinating colours with contrasting cuff, heels and toes using two 100 g hanks and two 25 g hanks of Amble.
- A Pattern Gift Card that features a QR Code to download the Pattern PDF
- Two 100 g hanks and two 25 g hanks of The Fibre Co. Amble (70% Easy-wash Merino wool, 20% Easy-wash alpaca, 10% recycled nylon)
Drawstring Yarn Bag from The Fibre Co.
Note: There are also an Essential version and a Striped version of the One Sock Kit. The Essential kit comes with one 100 g hank and one 25 g hank and the Striped kit comes with two 100 g hanks of The Fibre Co. Amble.
The photos show the two samples in the following colours:
Sample 1: Eden Valley (MC) + Windermere (heel and toe) + Nutkin (cuff)
Sample 2: Nutkin (MC) + Helvellyn (heel and toe) + Eden Valley (cuff)
1 [2: 3: 4: 5: 6: 7: 8: 9: 10: 11]
The given sizes are called 1 – 11 and are recommended to fit a foot circumference of 14 [15: 16.5: 18: 19: 21.5: 23: 24: 25.5: 26.5: 28] cm (5.5 [6: 6.5: 7: 7.5: 8.5: 9: 9.5: 10: 10.5: 11] in)
Finished Foot Circumference: 12.5 [14: 15: 16.5: 18: 19: 20.5: 21.5: 23: 24: 25.5] cm (5 [5.5: 6: 6.5: 7: 7.5: 8: 8.5: 9: 9.5: 10] in)
Leg Length: 12.5 [14: 15: 15: 16.5: 16.5: 16.5: 17: 18: 18: 18.5] cm (5 [5.5: 6: 6: 6.5: 6.5: 6.5: 6.75: 7: 7: 7.25] in) adjustable to preference
Foot Length: Adjustable to fit
Socks should stretch to fit – measure around the ball of your foot or narrowest part of your ankle and choose a size approximately 2.5 cm (1 in) smaller than that measurement.
You will also need:
- 2.25mm (US 1) circular needle or double-pointed needles for working a small circumference in the round
- 2.5mm (US 1.5) circular needle or double-pointed needles for working a small circumference in the round (or size to obtain gauge)
- Note on Needles: You can use traditional or flexible DPNs, two circulars or a long circular as you prefer
- Stitch markers – one removable marker and three standard
- Darning needle